Held on 27 January 2020 and hosted by Selwyn District Council.
Key agenda items
- Preparations to support the Mayoral Forum to develop a new plan for Canterbury (to replace the CREDS).
- Approving new guidelines for the development of regional submissions.
- An update on the process for developing a new Regional Land Transport Plan (RLTP), which will be led by the Regional Transport Committee with support from councils. A new RLTP is required every six years to support and prioritise regional transport funding and projects.
- A progress report on the interim regional climate change risk assessment.
- An update on central government’s review of Three Waters, including new and upcoming legislation, and work by Canterbury councils to improve Three Waters services.
- Updates on the Canterbury Water Management Strategy, including ongoing work to develop a regional work programme to implement the Fit for the Future review.
- Updates on the regional forum’s three-year work programme and implementation of continuing CREDS projects.
- The Mayoral Forum meets in Christchurch on 27–28 February 2020.
- The next Chief Executives Forum will be on 4 May 2020.