Held on 11 October 2019.
Key agenda items
- Upcoming proposals from central government that are likely to affect Canterbury councils and communities.
- Reviewing a draft regional submission on the Action for healthy waterways discussion document for consideration and approval by the Mayoral Forum.
- Process and guidelines for regional submissions and how these relate to council submissions – for further discussion by the Chief Executives Forum on 4 November.
- Convening a short-life working group chaired by David Ward for collaboration on 2021–2031 Long-Term Plans.
- A report back on the recent train-the-trainers workshop held in September 2019 on writing recommendations and effective peer review – the Forum agreed to organise regional workshops in 2020 on a report template design and using 2018 Census data.
- Updates on the Canterbury Water Management Strategy, and from Canterbury Planning Managers and the Natural Hazards and Compliance, Monitoring and Enforcement working groups.
The Canterbury Policy Forum meets quarterly and is chaired by Bill Bayfield (Environment Canterbury). Other members: Toni Durham (Ashburton), Brendan Anstiss (Christchurch), Katherine Trought (Environment Canterbury), Hamish Dobbie (Hurunui), Matt Hoggard (Kaikōura), Katherine Hill (Mackenzie), David Ward (Selwyn), Mark Low (Timaru), Simon Markham (Waimakariri), Carolyn Johns (Waimate) and Mike Searle (Waitaki). Ronnie Cooper (TRONT), Tracy Tierney (Compliance, Monitoring and Enforcement Working Group), Geoff Meadows (Planning Managers Group) and James Thompson (Natural Hazards Working Group).