The Policy Forum met via Zoom for their final meeting of the year on Monday 2 October.
Key agenda items were:
- the creation of a collaborative workspace for members to monitor upcoming policy and regulatory initiatives which impact on Canterbury
- an update on regional forums including confirmation that the Mayoral Forum’s Plan for Canterbury was launched in September
- discussion of the Greater Christchurch Partnership’s Greater Christchurch 2050 project, which includes the delivery of a clear, collaborative vision and for the sub-region for 2020–2050
- the appointment of a new convenor, Tim Davie (Chief Scientist, Acting Director Science Environment Canterbury), to the Climate Change Working Group
- the planning of a regional workshop on 6 November around accessing and interpreting census data to support policy and planning to be held on 6 November 2020.
- The Chief Executives Forum meets on 2 November 2020
- The Mayoral Forum meets on 27 November 2020