The Canterbury Chief Executives Forum met on 27 July 2020.
Key agenda items were:
- the Government’s Three Waters reforms (drinking water, wastewater, stormwater)
- consultation and feedback on the Mayoral Forum’s draft Plan for Canterbury, due to be finalised and launched on 4 September 2020
- review and adoption of an expanded three-year work programme that includes actions in the draft Mayoral Forum Plan for Canterbury
- agreeing to fund the next stage of a regional climate change risk assessment for Canterbury
- a review of terms of reference for Canterbury Water Management Strategy zone committees
- a three-yearly review and adoption of terms of reference for the Chief Executives Forum, Policy Forum, Operations Forum and Corporate Forum
- adoption of a regional forums budget for 2020/21
- regional COVID-19 recovery oversight.
- Mayoral Forum quarterly meetings, 3–4 September
- Corporate and Operations Forums, 14 September
- Policy Forum, 2 October
- Chief Executives Forum, 2 November.